Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Adidas Exerta Trail

Was at the Adidas Factory outlet at Velocity and spotted three different trail shoes

The Kanadia was one of those I was considering to replace the North Face Arnuva 50 but when I saw the Response, all thoughts of the Kanadia was gone cause the Response came in the colour I wanted but it was going at $99 which was slightly more than the Kanadia at $89. After trying out the Response I was all but ready to buy it when M pull out a box and inside was a very similar looking shoe but retailing at $85. The Exerta
Honestly, I don't nuts or anything about these 2 shoes but what the heck, it was within my budget, in the brand that I wanted and most of all in the color that I want. So just went ahead and bought the Exerta.

Came back to google for some info on it. Nothing on the Adidas site which means it is really out of season although did got some generic info from one of those on line retail shops:

"Packed with adidas®'s signature technologies, the Exerta men's trail shoe ensures a smooth, powerful ride. It's crafted using lightweight air mesh, with adiPRENE®+ cushioning in place for optimal shock absorption on impact. The adiWEAR® outsole delivers dependable traction on tricky, uneven surfaces. "




Features
Benefits
Upper Material: Air Mesh
Ventilated mesh for breathability.
Midsole Material: Torsion® System
The Torsion® System creates stability and control and provides midfoot support.
Outsole: adiWEAR®
A non-marking rubber outsole compound offering abrasion-resistance and durability.
Cushioning Technology: adiPRENE®+
Cushioning material that retains natural propulsive forces for greater forefoot efficiency.
Heel Technology: adiPRENE®
Maximizes heel protection and stability; is located under the heel to provide extra protection from harmful impact forces.


So did I make a mistake in buying this obscure shoe? Wait until I go and try it at MR or TMB park soon.

Date of Purchase: 17 May 2009

Cost: $85.00

Purchased from: Adidas Factory Outlet

Worn in races: 



18 Nov 2009 Salomon X-Trail Run
25 Apr 2010 F1 EQ Nature Run
9 Oct 2010 TNF 50km Duo


Retired: 9 July 2011
Total Mileage:  529km

3 comments:

  1. No, you did not make a mistake buying the Exerta. I have a women's pair, a year old now, 1000 miles on them and love them...am trying to find replacements..which is how i found your site, by googling said shoe...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence, I found your blog because I just bought a pair of women's Exerta trail running shoes to replace my beloved worn-down Northface ones. They seemed pretty comfortable when I tried them on at the store, and were marked down in clearance for $25 (original price 69.99). Hope you like 'em. Hope mine work out for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on my second pair of Exerta trail shoes. Dick's Sporting Goods and Sports Authority both carry the shoe and often have them on sale for $50. I love them even though they seem to be a "down line" shoe for the big retailers. I have a narrow foot and this shoe fits perfectly. I also tend to have knee and shin pain from running too much but this shoe allows me to run trails without pain at all. I do wish I could find a color other than black which tends to get hot in th summer.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin