Pages

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Surprise

Surprise Surprise Surprise. Came home from work today to a big surprise. Somebody had delivered a medal to me. I had actually came in 3rd for the Farrer Park Aquathlon Challenge. This is really like wow! Totally unexpected.

On race day itself, at the registration counter when I saw there was only 10 participants in my event category, I was like this time die sure malu and finish last. Sure enough, I was the last one of out the pool and to make it worse, I was in the last wave and literally the last man out. So paiseh!

I knew I didn't finish last in the end because I overtook about 5 runners. But I wasn't going all out either on account of my knee and the heavy rain. So 3rd out of 10 is still totally unexpected and this being my first multi-discipline event.

Must really treasure this medal becos I don't think there will be any repeat ever again!

1 comment:

  1. congrats! Nice medal.
    You came strongly from behind to clinch a position during the run leg.

    Well Done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin