Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Side Track

Alamak, I started this blog not just to write about running but more to persuade myself that I'm even if growing older, must still continue to learn and be better than the younger people. That way, cannot be outsmarted or lose my job to a younger person.

But somehow along the way seem to be sidetracked into writing more and more about running.

Anyway, saw this advertisment about a Fit ball trainer who is 73 years old. She started exercising only after she retired as an architect and has now started a business training people using the fit ball. Showed the Mrs her photo and asked her to guess the age - she said about 50. Boy was she surprised when told she is already 73. Hmmm, wonder how the Mrs will look like when she turns 70?

I suppose all my running around is not just for fitness and personal satisfaction but may be in my heart I want to stop growing old. Wrong - should be 'aging'. A person cannot stop growing old but can stop aging.

Anyway, I'm happy to note that for someone who is past 43 now and still consder a novice runner, I can still outrun many people, (even regular runners) but then again there are many older folks out there who can outrun me.

Back to the starting block!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin